Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How to Wear it Wednesday 7.08.15




With Summer in full swing, there is a phrase that seems to be everywhere, "Festival Wear".  You can not even go into a Target Store without seeing it.  Now, before I launch into a diatribe about big box retailers ripping off  independent makers and retailers, here is my festival outfit. :)


Sunburst Earrings from Feath & Kee


So I started with this pair of sunburst earrings from our shop.  They were made by me from scrap wood.  I burned the design on with wire tools that I also made by hand.  They have stainless steel posts, and were finished with linseed oil.








Faded Denim Shorts from Abi Dashery




I found these upcycled shorts at Abi Dashery.  You can check out Abi's youtube channel here for neat tutorials. 










Upcycled Tank from Sweet Life Threads






So, most of the fabric that I work with is re-purposed.  That said, I definitely have a lot of respect for Cher at Sweet Life Threads.  I know how hard it can be to get just the right fabrics, that not only look good together, but also match up material-wise.  I really liked the colors in this tank. There are also matching pants available.










Citrine Crystal Hair Pins from CassieVision





Keep your hair pinned out of your face with these gorgeous citrine hair pins from CassieVison.  I can just imagine the sunlight adding to their sparkle.










Custom Superhero Sunglasses from DecoroZapatillos




I love these Superhero Sunglasses from DecoroZapatillos! They are custom painted by hand.







Crochet Phone Case from Lovely Knots Boutique






Keep your phone protected in style with this green crochet phone case from Lovely Knots Boutique.













Blue Dragon Veins Hemp Necklace from Creative Earth Jeweler



What do you get when you add a beautiful blue agate stone, Chrysocolla beads, eco-friendly hemp, and the artistry of Dana at Creative Earth Jeweler?  This stunning one of a kind necklace!







Upcycled Denim Bag from buy KC's Kreations






It's always nice to have a small bag to throw in the essentials.  This cute, bag is made from recycled denim.  Find it at KC's Kreations.













Leather Short Boots from BlueDrop




I fell in love with these amazing boots from BlueDrop.  Each pair is handmade to order. They are also available in black, brown, and burgundy.  I believe that they are perfect in this lovely green!








So there you have it! My idea of the perfect "festival" outfit.  What is yours?


- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment